August 6, 2012
Ten tips for American ladies planing a trip to Paris
I’m looking forward to Paris this fall with the wonderful Wanderland Writers. Thank goodness one of our number, the lovely Antoinette, is French. She offers a goldmine of tips to help keep the rest of us from the mortification of bad form.
- French women wear lipstick. Americans look pale by comparison
- The safest purse is one with a zipper.
- Always greet the proprieter (Bonjour, Madame! Bonjour Monsieur!) when you enter an establishment.
- French people shake hands with people they are introduced to, or whom they know. Even if they meet for the second or third time in a day!
- The easiest way to get help is to say: PARDON, monsieur, or madame, je cherche …
- Don’t wear new shoes. But you know that already
- Last time I was there, there was NO decaf coffee or tea in cafes or grocery stores.
- Remember, the water in Paris is hard (calcium, good for the bones!) so you’ll need to use more shampoo for bubbles and more conditioner…
- Photocopying the first page of your passport and tickets is a good idea.
- The cheapest and most pleasant drink to watch the world go by at a café is a Citron Pressé. Fresh lemon juice is better than’ une citronade’ or ‘ une limonade.’..
What are your best tips for enjoying Paris?
Filed under:Europe, France, Paris, Travel Tips || Tagged under: Featured, France, Paris, Tips